Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Farah


I remember my two friends and myself pretending to be Charlie's Angels. I can laugh out load remembering us running through the field in the park down the road from our house pretending to hold guns in our hands. I use to have my hair cut just like Farah's, my hair use to look so much like hers that people always made comments. My friend had given me a clipping from a magazine of Farah's haircut and how it was done, it hung on the board at the back of my desk for the longest time.

What a truly remarkable woman Farah was. When you look now at the life she has lead and what part she played in making her life have meaning is fantastic. Her looks alone could have gotten her through but that was not what she was all about. She made smart decisions and showed people she was more than a pretty face.

She made some movies that I thought made a big impact on others. She probably was a good influence to many people with similar problems to the movies she was in.

Most of all Farah showed a tremendous amount of pride in the last couple years, going through this sickness and sharing it with the world. I think she thought that if she shared this sickness with others that they would see that all people have sicknesses and how they handled each day would be the most important thing they would ever do. It was very sad watching her go through all she did but I bet that many people, sick or not, learned and admire her more today than ever.

Farah's life had meaning beyond the word, she entertained us, gave us many memories, and taught us to live every day without taking it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment